The Sainsbury Archive Terms and Conditions
The Sainsbury Archive reserves the right, at our absolute discretion, to update and/or revise these Terms and Conditions. We may change them by updating them and posting a notification of the changes on the Website. Continued use of the Website will indicate your acceptance of the changes.
If you have any queries relating to these Terms and Conditions please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The Website
- The Website www.sainsburyarchive.org.uk is operated by the Board of Trustees of The Sainsbury Archive. The Sainsbury Archive was formed as a company limited by guarantee on 8 November 2002. The company registration number is 4585197. The company was registered with the Charity Commission on 11 March 2003. The charity registration number is 1096454.
Registered Office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT. If you have any queries please contact us via email@example.com
- The object of the Sainsbury Archive is to advance education for the public benefit by collecting, maintaining and displaying items and documents relating to the history of Sainsbury’s and the family of John James Sainsbury.
- The Sainsbury Archive website is a project of the Sainsbury Archive, Museum of London Docklands and J Sainsbury plc. The material is presented as part of the record of Sainsbury’s past with the aim of increasing access to the archive and furthering education and lifelong learning.
- The Journals and other materials available to view via the website are historical documents which reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. The Sainsbury Archive, Museum of London Docklands and J Sainsbury plc do not endorse the views expressed in the Journals and other materials.
2. Use of the Sainsbury Archive Website
- You may view the Website and search for, without limitation, features, photographs, videos, graphics, articles and recollections, (the “Content”) without registration but by viewing the site you agree that you will not use Website Content except for personal, educational, or non-commercial purposes only. To download¸ save, print or request a high resolution image of Content, contribute, comment or add your own Content to the Website you must register. Not all Content is available for use and we will tell you about any restrictions at each relevant section of the Website. By registering you are authorised to view, download or copy unrestricted Website Content for your own personal, educational or non-commercial use in accordance with our Reproducing Content policy only (details further below).
- The Sainsbury Archive may at any time without notice or liability:
Temporarily restrict access for repairs, standard maintenance or the introduction of new Services: and
change, suspend or discontinue the Website; and
change the availability of any feature, database, or Content; and
impose limits on certain features and services; and
restrict your access to parts of or the entire Website
- The Sainsbury Archive cannot guarantee that the Website will be fault free or that it will meet your requirements. Please report any faults in the Service via firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Registration and Information Security
- To register with the Sainsbury Archive you must be over eighteen years of age and a UK resident. If you are not 18, you certify that your parent or legal guardian has consented to your use and agreed to these terms and conditions. Please ask your parent or legal guardian to review these terms and conditions before acceptance.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your details. You must give us your real name, email address and any other details that we may require to process your registration.
- Registration is limited to one membership per person. You agree your registration is personal to you.
- At initial registration we will ask you to choose a username and password for login. You will need to enter these details whenever you sign into the Website. You must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to anyone else or write it down. If you suspect that someone else knows your password or security details, you should change your password and let us know immediately by email to email@example.com.
- Alternatively you may register by using your Facebook or Google registration credentials. If you decide to log in using your social media credentials then please be aware that your data will be used in accordance with their privacy policies. Dependent on your privacy settings, other users with whom you share information may be able to view your activity on our Website.
- We reserve the right:
To decline a new registration or suspend an account at any time; and
To terminate access to all or parts of the Website without notice; and
To create limits on use
- We may check your registration details to ensure they are correct and we may close your account if we suspect or believe that you have deliberately provided incorrect information.
- Acceptance of your registration will take place when we notify you that your registration has been accepted.
4. The Sainsbury Archive Site Content
- The Sainsbury Archive site Content may include, but is not restricted to:
Access to features, documents, photographs, videos, graphics, inspirational articles, recollections and memories (“Content”); and
Participation in a forum with the opportunity to add comments and material; and share Memories
Access to any Sainsbury Archive promotional challenges or competitions. Separate terms and conditions for any prize promotions may appear on the Website linked to individual promotions.
- From time to time we may invite you to submit your own recollections, Memories and Content. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing.
- By participating or submitting Content you confirm that the work is not copied, is your own original work and that you have the right to submit it, including, where appropriate, obtaining any necessary third party permissions and consent from any person whose image is identifiable. Unless you specifically choose to be identified as author or submitter of the Content, you agree to waive your rights to be so identified.
- By participating or submitting Content you agree to grant a world-wide royalty free irrevocable licence, including the right to sub-licence, to the Sainsbury Archive to use, publish, adapt, distribute and reproduce the Content, or any part of it, in any existing or future marketing, blog, social media, recipe or any other comment, without notice or payment. You agree that the Sainsbury Archive will be free to use your Content, comments, feedback and suggestions for any purpose without limitation including developing and marketing products and services without any liability or payment to you.
- You agree that your Content, comments and ideas may be followed, shared, commented on and downloaded by other members subject to the Member Conduct Rules contained in clause 7. We recommend that you do not disclose personal information.
- Whenever you share Content, you agree that the Sainsbury Archive and the Museum of London may record the transaction. Your registration details will be recorded electronically and on paper to enable the Museum of London to record any acquisitions to the collection.
- The Sainsbury Archive Website Content may be amended, substituted, withdrawn or deleted by us at any time and without notice.
- The Sainsbury Archive will update and save your Content on its server but may change or delete features and Content in any way it sees fit at any time and for any reason. The Sainsbury Archive accepts no responsibility for the loss or corruption of submitted Content.
- If you do not wish to give the Sainsbury Archive these permissions, then please do not submit your Content.
- You may choose to share or gift Content to the Sainsbury Archive. If you wish to gift Content please Contact Us. We reserve the right to contact you and ask for relevant permissions before acquiring your Content on a permanent basis.
- Should you wish to change your username and password you may do so at any time by visiting your My Account page.
- The Sainsbury Archive may contact you via a newsletter. Users can unsubscribe from the newsletter directly from within the newsletter.
- The Sainsbury Archive may offer links to third party websites or resources. The Sainsbury Archive has no control over such websites and resources and you agree that links to third party websites such as Facebook and Twitter are provided solely for your convenience and that the Sainsbury Archive is not responsible or liable for the availability or Content of these sites. If you decide to click through to any third party websites you do so entirely at your own risk.
7. Member conduct
- Whilst using the Sainsbury Archive you agree that you will not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material.
Transmitting material that is or which encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any relevant laws, regulations or code of practice.
Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems.
Interfering with any other person's use or enjoyment of the Website.
Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks.
Interfering or disrupting networks or websites connected to the Website.
Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Engaging in technically harmful behaviour, which includes but is not limited to: computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data and other malicious software or harmful data.
- The Sainsbury Archive may allow registered members to comment on Content and may operate member forums, including chat rooms and message boards, allowing members to exchange views, opinions and support.
- You are responsible for your own interaction with other users of the Sainsbury Archive and agree that the Sainsbury Archive may, but is not responsible for, monitoring such use. The rules for comment are:
Members should respect each other at all times.
The spirit of all posts should be constructive, supportive and of general benefit to the whole community. We reserve the right to remove any comment and our decision is final in these matters
Any messages posted are the views and opinions of members, and do not necessarily reflect those held by the Sainsbury Archive who are not responsible for the accuracy of information posted. Sainsbury’s Archive accept no responsibility of liability for any submitted Content.
We reserve the right to edit or reproduce any of the comments made in the forum
The Sainsbury Archive reserves the right to refuse to post Content or to remove or edit Content already posted on the Website.
9. Intellectual property
- The Content of the Sainsbury Archive Website is protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights (both registered and unregistered). Copyright in the material made available on this website is owned by or licensed to the Sainsbury Archive, Museum of London Docklands or J Sainsbury plc. Where copyright ownership is unclear, every reasonable effort has been made to identify and trace copyright owners, to avoid any infringement. If you believe we have used copyrighted work on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or a breach of an agreed license or contract, please advise us, including the following information:
Sufficient information to enable us to identify and locate the copyrighted work
Indication of whether you are the copyright owner or are acting on their behalf (please supply details of all parties involved and the relationship between them).
Your full contact details, including a telephone number and an email address.
- You may retrieve and display the Content of the Website on a computer screen, and may save or download permitted Content in electronic form on disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such Content for your own personal, educational or non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or Content on the Website without written permission from the Sainsbury Archive.
- Nothing in these terms may be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right, copyright or other intellectual property right (registered or unregistered).
- The Sainsbury Archive respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects our Members to do the same. If you believe that your Content has been used in a way that infringes your copyright please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Website and any software are provided on an "AS IS" basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, accuracy or completeness.
- You agree to indemnify and hold the Sainsbury Archive harmless from all liabilities, claims and expenses that arise out of the Content you submit, post or transmit to the Sainsbury Archive or from your use/misuse of the Website.
You must not use the Website in any unlawful manner or for any unlawful purpose or attempt to obtain income from the use or provision of the Sainsbury Archive Service. The Sainsbury Archive will not be liable to you for any losses suffered or costs incurred because:
You are unable to use the Website for any reason
Any Content submitted by you is corrupted, damaged, or lost or deleted
The Website fails to work as expected or is defective and we have not corrected any errors including any incompatibility with any internet service used by you
- The Sainsbury Archive assumes no liability for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service
- The Sainsbury Archive excludes all liability, so far as is permitted by law, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damages or any loss of profits, loss of revenue, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching this Agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of any products or services you purchase from us.
This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
For death or personal injury caused by our negligence
Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987
For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude our liability.
12. Events outside our control
- The Sainsbury Archive will not be liable for or responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performance that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure event).
- If we fail, at any time, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights and remedies to which we are entitled to, this shall not constitute a waiver or such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
14. Contact details
- Registered address: The Sainsbury Archive Trust, 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT. Registered Charity Number 1096454 England
15. Reproducing Content Policy
The intellectual property in all content on www.sainsburyarchive.org.uk (the”Website”) is owned by the Sainsbury Archive or other third party owners.
The Sainsbury Archive content, including, without limitation, features, photographs, videos, graphics, articles and recollections (the “Content”) may be reproduced only in accordance with this Policy. The Policy may be updated from time to time. Please check back periodically.
Website Content may be used for personal, education and non-commercial purposes only.
Where Content is unavailable for use this will be clearly stated on the Website.
The following uses of available Content are permitted following registration at [sainsburyarchive.org.uk]:
- Use, including downloading and printing, of photographs or video images, for private study or criticism or for limited circulation for teaching purposes in a registered educational establishment. Where Content is reproduced it must be closely annotated with the acknowledgement © The Sainsbury Archive, Museum of London Docklands and the current year.
- Use, including downloading and printing, of limited extracts of copyright text for private study or criticism or for limited circulation for teaching purposes in a registered educational establishment. Where Content is reproduced it must be closely annotated with the acknowledgement © The Sainsbury Archive, Museum of London Docklands and the current year.
- Reproduction of the Sainsbury Archive Content by examination authorities is permitted by written permission only. Please contact us via email@example.com
- Reuse of Content, where available, under a Creative Commons Licence CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.
- Statutory use of Content, including fair dealing, criticism or reporting a current event.
The following use of Content is NOT PERMITTED:
- Use, including reproduction, rental, lending or publication of Website Content in any form for commercial purposes. Commercial purposes in the context of a Creative Commons licence means ‘not primarily intended for or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation’. The Sainsbury Archive extend that definition to include anything that is charged for to cover costs or make a profit.
- Use of any Sainsbury Archive trademark or website graphic without prior written permission from the Sainsbury Archive.
- Hosting or display of Content via third party platforms.
- Repeated use and storage of substantial amounts of Website Content in a retrieval system
- Use of Website Content on any social media platform for commercial purposes
- Reproduction of Content following adaptation or alteration.
- Use of Content without attribution to the Sainsbury Archive
- Unauthorised data mining of Website Content.
If you are unsure whether you may reproduce Content, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org